May 27, 2016 Leave a comment
VesselsValue is looking for a PR Manager to join the PR team in the London office, working with the Head of PR, Claudia Norrgren and Senior Data Editor, Craig Jallal (me).
VV is the world’s leading online vessel valuation provider. We have over 350 clients spanning 45 countries, including major banks, investment funds, shipowners, ship managers and more.
We have 4 offices: London, (Hammersmith), Isle of Wight, Stoke and Singapore. We currently have over 75 employees and are rapidly expanding, looking to increase growth of VesselsValue in Asia.
VV is a creative, forward thinking and hard-working company and the successful candidate should share these values.
On average VesselsValue features in around 30 articles a week and this coverage is vital to the continued growth of the company.
Your role will be to establish new press relationships with magazines, editors and journalists throughout Europe and the Americas. You will need to be self-sufficient in creating story ideas to pitch, finding inspiration from the various VV databases. You will be supported by the Senior Data Editor, who answers interview questions and creates data/reports for press, as well as the Head of PR, who will be based in Singapore and covering the Asian magazines.
The ideal candidate will be a former shipping journalist or have experience in shipping PR.
PR Manager role will include, but are not limited to:
- Read financial, national and shipping articles for inspiration and potential contacts
- Make contact with and account manage journalists and publishing houses
- Meet press at events, conferences and meetings with the Senior Data Editor
- Work with the Head of PR to design and create reports in line with the PR & Marketing Plan
- Work with the graphic designer to design final infographics and reports
- Discuss story ideas with the Data team on the Isle of Wight
- Source quotes from the right VV member of staff and write interview responses
Key skills required
- High skill level in excel (pivot tables, Vlookups, IF functions are used daily)
- Must have attention to detail – journalists will print verbatim what you send them!
- Write fluently and concisely
- Network at conferences
- Make contacts and account manage
- Multitask various data projects at once
- Hard working
- Design skills for reports, graphs and infographics
- Shipping background essential